HomeKey Inspections COVID-19 Policy (Coronavirus)
To all of our clients, real estate agents and business associates: HomeKey Inspections will continue to operate as normal with additional procedures and policies implemented, as outlined below, in order to help reduce or limit the spread/exposure of COVID-19. The health of our clients, the occupants of any houses we inspect, Real Estate agents and our inspectors are our top priority. These policies may change or update as we learn more and we always welcome questions or concerns (call the office or email at firstname.lastname@example.org).
Temporary policy and procedure changes:
- We are asking clients to not attend their inspection (especially if the client has any symptoms or resides with someone who has symptoms of COVID-19). We normally encourage client attendance and participation but, due to social distancing, are asking our clients to stay at home and instead have a phone call with their inspector, at the end of the inspection, to go over the findings of the inspection. This is to help prevent anyone from exposure to COVID-19, including the occupants of the property inspected. If a client still wants to attend the inspection then that is his or her choice and all we ask is that the client limits the number of people/children that attend the inspection to just the bare minimum.
- If an agent representing our client has symptoms or resides with someone who has symptoms relating to COVID-19 we ask that the agent have another associate fill in or reschedule the inspection.
- We recommend confirming with the sellers/occupants of a property that is scheduled to be inspected that the inspection can still take place despite the guidelines and recommendations of the CDC and other agencies.
Temporary Procedures that our inspectors will observe and follow while performing a home inspection:
- Regular hand washing throughout the inspection as well as the use of hand sanitizer (if hand washing is not available or practical). We have asked our inspectors to wash their hands or sanitize before they start, multiple times during, and after the inspection. The inspectors will not wear gloves as many experts say that this is not a practical way to fight the spread of COVID-19 and that hand washing is the best measure to help prevent the spread of the virus.
- Our inspectors will carry a towel for drying their hands during the inspection.
- The inspector will not shake hands or fist bump any clients or agents. It will be awkward but this should be understood and accepted at this point. Foot or elbow shakes are still welcome and encouraged!
- Inspectors will make a conscious effort to not touch their face at all during the inspection
- If requested by the agent, client or occupant of the home, our inspector will wear their respirator during the inspection.
- If the client does not attend the inspection then the inspector will call the client and discuss findings after the inspection.
Additional note: We cannot perform an inspection if a minor is in the home and there are no other adults present. This has become a greater concern due to schools closing. If an agent, client, or seller is home (meaning there are two adults present) then the inspection can proceed as normal (most real estate associations require the agent to be present during the inspection at all times already).
If you have an inspection scheduled with us or live in a home that has an upcoming home inspection scheduled with our company and you do not feel comfortable with the inspection taking place please let us know ASAP so we can reschedule or find an alternative solution.
Thank you for being a valued customer or partner with HomeKey Inspections!